Database Guide & Login Information
Databases: Things You Should Know
- A database is a digitized collection of curated information. It's like what you would find on a library shelf in print, but it's in digital format instead.
- Sources of information contained in databases include newspapers, magazines, academic journals, reference material, statistical data, primary sources, images, video and audio clips, and more.
- Libraries subscribe, pay for, and provide access to databases for their students.
- The SMHS library subscribes to several high quality academic databases. Please see below for a brief description of each one.
- The majority of databases, including the ones SMHS subscribes to, are integrated with Google (this means you can save articles and information directly to your Google Drive), have real time translation so you can access content in different languages, and provide properly formatted MLA or APA citations for you.
Student Resources in Context
Gale Virtual Reference Library (GVRL)
Biography in Context
Teen Health & Wellness
Opposing Viewpoints in Context
AP Source (from EBSCO)